- The people we considered to interview about the 911 emergency system are Caller, Dispatcher and First responder.
- Also, the Age,Gender, and education level are important because the caller might describe their emergency type and current location differently.
- We have to know if people have disability, if yes, what type of disability they have. Like speaking issue, walking problem, etc.
- Language problem is the most important issue we had to consider about because United States is a big immigrant country. Many people live in here and most of them came from other country. If they are calling 9-1-1 and also they don’t understand English at all. What other language they can speak. Does anyone from their house can understand and speak English?
- We might ask people who have called 9-1-1 about their experient, type of emergency they have?(like medical, police or fire issue)
- Also consider about the time to call 911, like if they call 911 during the daytime that can get the responder faster? If they call it at the midnight , can you reach out to the Dispatcher for help or it take so long to reach?
- The Place they report the emergency
- The phone they use to call (like landline or Mobile )
- Any difficulty you have when you try to reach out the 911 emergency system for help? （ Dispathcer can understand your descipiction of the emergency? Do they take so long to arrive to your emergency location? Ects）
- Any recommendations the current 9-1-1 system can be improved?
- Educational level or any certification to be as dispatcher. How long does they need to update your certification?
- How long do they work as that position
- What is your job about?
- How you handle people who calling 911 emergency don’t speak English
- Percentage of non emergency call
- How to deal with non emergency call
- Problem or difficult of current 911 system
- Recommendation to improve the current emergency system
- In terms of the level of the emergency, how the first responder respond to it?
- Technical problems and difficulties when handling the emergency
- The time it takes to get to the scene
- How do the first responder interact with each other
- Feedback about the current system
- How do the dispatcher get into the third party for translation?
- Accuracy of determine the location