- Getting the IRsB approval because it is a human subjects research which relates to biomedical or social-behavioral in nature.
- Our questionnaires involves age,gender, technical problems & duties that will relate to the privacy.
- We would like to gather information about the experiences for the user and first responder for the apps that are already exist and the problems that have encounter
- After collecting the details of how current 911 system work and feedback, we can publish data what we found from the research.
- From the data, we will make adjustments to the screens for better improvements
- The people we considered to interview about the 911 emergency system are Caller, Dispatcher and First responder.
- Also, the Age,Gender, and education level are important because the caller might describe their emergency type and current location differently.
- We have to know if people have disability, if yes, what type of disability they have. Like speaking issue, walking problem, etc.
- Language problem is the most important issue we had to consider about because United States is a big immigrant country. Many people live in here and most of them came from other country. If they are calling 9-1-1 and also they don’t understand English at all. What other language they can speak. Does anyone from their house can understand and speak English?
- We might ask people who have called 9-1-1 about their experient, type of emergency they have?(like medical, police or fire issue)
- Also consider about the time to call 911, like if they call 911 during the daytime that can get the responder faster? If they call it at the midnight , can you reach out to the Dispatcher for help or it take so long to reach?
- The Place they report the emergency
- The phone they use to call (like landline or Mobile )
- Any difficulty you have when you try to reach out the 911 emergency system for help? （ Dispathcer can understand your descipiction of the emergency? Do they take so long to arrive to your emergency location? Ects）
- Any recommendations the current 9-1-1 system can be improved?
- Educational level or any certification to be as dispatcher. How long does they need to update your certification?
- How long do they work as that position
- What is your job about?
- How you handle people who calling 911 emergency don’t speak English
- Percentage of non emergency call
- How to deal with non emergency call
- Problem or difficult of current 911 system
- Recommendation to improve the current emergency system
- In terms of the level of the emergency, how the first responder respond to it?
- Technical problems and difficulties when handling the emergency
- The time it takes to get to the scene
- How do the first responder interact with each other
- Feedback about the current system
- How do the dispatcher get into the third party for translation?
- Accuracy of determine the location
The home screen of the first responder will show the caller’s emergency need within the name and address.
After the first responder press the caller press the caller.the first responder will click on duty to show that the squat is taking in charge of the case. At the same time, there will be a screen of detail for the caller’s information and case that is being transcribed by the dispatcher.
The is support option at the button . Once is pressed, you can see the caller’s condition and it allows to see media ,images for the scene or end call.
Those image and media can be very helpful for the first responder to write the emergency’s report.
At the center,there is the map which can identifies your current emergency location. At the bottom, there are the three shortcut buttons to contact police, call 911 and EMS. If the users are having the health issue and requesting for the emergency, they can just click the EMS button and it brings them to the EMS dispatcher. Or when they are facing the problem that need the help from the police, they can click on the police button. If they don’t know which department they need to reach for help, then press call 911 button ,it will bring you the dispatcher and he/she will ask question about your emergency in order to determine what kind of the first responder to dispatch.
On the top right corner of the screen there is a flag logo which includes the language function that the user can choose their preferred language.
On the top left corner of the screen we have the menu function which contains sign/login, setting and feedback buttons.
The video function is good for people who have the emergency , the dispatcher is able to see your current situation and informs you what the next step to do or how to manipulate the scene until the first responder arrive.
The user are allowed to switch the communication’s way to texting. It is beneficial for the case of people have a the emergency and they can’t talk. So, the user can text their problem to the dispatcher. Moreover, the user is able use the camera to capture the picture of the emergency’s status and report them as the evidence. Furthermore, if the user are accidently call the 911, there is the end call that they can cancel that call.
When the users click the “login” button on menu function, it bring them to the login page
For first step, you need to enter your email and the password.
you need to enter your email and password, the next page of sign up, you need to enter your first and last name, your current living address.
Also, additional information page, it will ask if the user are disabled or not, if yes, explain what kind of the disability. Moreover, it will ask your health condition and your allergies status. that ‘s all for user to sign up the account. Once the user sign up the account and when they are calling the 911, the dispatcher will able to see their name and all condition they filled out.