An approach to managing a complex project like software development.
The Agile Movement
What is an abstract?
An abstract is self-contained summary of a project that is discipline-specific, audience-specific, and includes searchable keywords.
Information included in an abstract?
Tips for writing abstracts
- determine your primary audience
- establish the importance of your project
- be clear and concise, and use language suitable to your audience
- discuss your abstract with your faculty mentor
1.How to Present Research
- Poster has to be easy to understand &straight to point
- Speak out background first
- Describe research topic
- Introduce data and how you get it
- What method of analysis?
- Conclusion about the findings
- what are the next step for research?Does it lead to a new research question and project question.
- My name
- Project title
- Contact info
- Small print of my poster
- Supplemental information (data)
- Optimize for letter size paper
4. Criteria for Effective Communication
- Give audience your full attention
- Be conversational-translate the poster that anyone can understand
- Make eye-contact 70-80% of the time
- Adapt the message to the audience
- Make sure to smile and speak clearly
- use sign post
- speak clearly and loudly
- taken form
- Be proactive-create a small FAQ based on what I think the most common questions will be
- Get the audience involve to answer these questions
- If I don’t know the answer, then don’t make up things and admit to the adudience
- Realize the nervousness is normal
- Practice and preparation are the best ways to manage anxiety
- Understand that it is ok to not have all the answers
- Focus on speaking clearly
7.Day of the Presentation
- Dress professionally
- Wear a name tag if possible
- Stay close to the poster
- Engage people as they approach my poster